no no no, not that kind of birthday suit. LOLso my twenty-first birthday was just over a week ago, and let me tell ya it was hands down the best. birthday. ever.
here’s a few reasons why:
– my mom threw me a HUGE surprise party! i had no idea about any of it, and i’m still not over it! i felt so loved that so many of my closest friends and family members drove hours to be with me and help me celebrate. i’m unbelievably blessed, y’all. 🙂
– my best friend taylor came up from dallas for the weekend. (love you taybaby)
– taylor and her boyfriend, blake, threw me another little party before we went to “the weed” (stillwater’s fab honkytonk) for some dancing.
– i drank sangria out of a pineapple. HOW TROPICAL?!
– took my first “strip trip” to the bars, boyfriend, roomies and best friends in tow. 😛
– lastly, i got to wear a new outfit picked out specifically for my big day night.
i’m not usually one for bodysuits (they never fit me right), but i couldn’t resist this one
. the black lace down the neckline contrasts so beautifully against velvet. well done topshop, well done. okay, i’m done overanalyzing like the fashion major i am, but c’mon it’s FAB.
top it off with a black leather jacket
(which is still on sale btw!) and some suede over-the-knee boots
and this look is complete. it’s one of those outfits that looks like you tried really hard but it only took you like two minutes to get dressed. #scoreps: gotta give credit where credit is due. shoutout to my girl jess over at living through the lord & a lens
for these rad photos. you’ll be seeing her work a lot more here on the blog!
^^^ twenty-fun, amiright? ^^^