all my social distancing babes raise your hand!! that seriously better be all of you.
i know you guy have all received about 101 emails regarding COVID-19 and have heard the quarantine/social distancing spiel from everyone you know, so i hope you truly understand the importance of social distancing and/or self-quarantining during these uncertain times. even if you’re not worried about getting it, you should be worried about potentially spreading it. please help flatten the curve!
i know spending so much time isolated indoors probably isn’t your favorite thing to do. mine either…TRUST ME. but i’m somehow finding things to do to keep me busy, preoccupied & SANE during this alone time, and now i’m going to share them with you!
WHAT TO DO WHILE SOCIAL DISTANCING
– go through your closet and toss out things that don’t “spark joy” or that frankly just don’t fit. sort unwanted garments into piles for re-selling, donating & recycling. yes, RECYCLING – H&M has garment recycling boxes in stores!
– organize your kitchen & pantry – we all know you’ve got expired ish in the back of that one cabinet, and a junk draw desperate to be sorted through.
– go through all your beauty, skincare & hair products and toss out ones that are expired or that you don’t use anymore.
– so that 10-step skincare routine, baby. face masks, galore!
– take THE SHOWER. you know, that shower that you go all out! you wash your hair, exfoliate, shave, hair masks, sing the entire harry styles album, THE WORKS.
– take a little time for yourself in the morning before your work day begins. take your sweet time making your morning coffee, have a few minutes of quiet time/meditation, take 10 minutes and journal or write down your to-do’s for the day. it’s nice to not be too rushed sometimes.
– BREAK A SWEAT. i don’t know about you, but the gym being closed is KILLING ME. i’m a weight lifting kinda girl, so having to adjust to home workouts has been a bit of a struggle. BUT i’m slowly finding good online workouts and equipment to make the most of my home workouts. i’m putting together a list of “at home fitness essentials” and i’ll link it here when that post is up!
fun & games
– cue the NETFLIX binging…or Disney+, Hulu, Amazon, HBO, WHATEVER you’ve got! you know that show you’ve been hearing about? there’s never been a better time to watch it!
HERE’S SOME OF MY FAV SHOWS TO BINGE
- Breaking Bad
- Game of Thrones
- Tiger King
- Better Call Saul (watch after Breaking Bad)
- Mind Hunter
- How I Met Your Mother
- Parks & Recreation
- Black Mirror
- Big Little Lies
- The Outsider
- Love Is Blind
- The Ranch
– listen to a new podcast while you’re doing your spring cleaning & organizing. here’s an ongoing list of my faves!
– social distancing with your family, S/O or roomies? every night is game night now! here’s some group game recs!
– bust out the puzzles! and yes, i’m talking about that 1000+ piece one sitting up on a closet shelf collecting dust. i found some fun ones for ya just in case.
– can you say CRAFT TIME?! bring those pinterest dreams to life girl.
try something new
– try a new recipe (or several). this is where pinterest comes back into play – check out my “get hungry” board for some recipe inspo!
– order a new book to pass some time. i’m honestly not much of a reader, so if you have any great recommendations, leave them in the comments!
– pick up a new hobby. with the internet at your fingertips there’s really not much you can’t have shipped to you or ordered for pick-up! i would list a bunch of hobbies here, but there are so many things you could do i can’t narrow it down.