okay here’s the scoop, babe. looking put together while wearing your comfiest sweats is EASY, i promise. the overall goal of this look is to appear effortlessly chic in clothes i don’t think anyone would deem “fashionable”. luckily this “effortlessly chic” look really is pretty effortless.
5 STEPS TO LOOKING CHIC IN SWEATS
1. MAKE IT MATCH – the main key to looking put together in sweatpants is to wear a matching sweat suit. matching sets are everywhere right now (the one thing we can thank COVID for), so you can find them in a variety of styles & price ranges. my personal, AFFORDABLE faves are linked below!
2. UP YOUR SNEAKER GAME – put down your workout tennies and grab your coolest pair of sneakers! combat boots would be a cool, edgy look, too. i love wearing my high top Nike Blazer Mid 77’s (pictured) with some matching Nike crew socks with a look like this. it give me such Princess Di vibes, yanno?
3. ADD ALL THE JEWELS – this is essential! jewelry is like a finishing touch on ANY outfit. it almost instantly makes you look like 1. your outfit is INTENTIONAL & 2. your outfit is COMPLETE. i tend to reach for a couple gold chains, my everyday rings, and some simple huggie earrings.
4. DO YOUR HAIR & MAKEUP – okay before you get on to me about this not being effortless, let me explain! just do SOMETHING with your hair. a chic low bun, a quick pony, half up bun, put it up in a freakin claw clip – ALL VALID OPTIONS. and for makeup, i like to do the classic “no-makeup” makeup. do your brows, a little concealer, curl your lashes, and put on a bit of blush…VOILA. – i’ll do an updated “no-makeup” makeup routine soon, but for now here’s all my favorite products!
5. ACCESSORIES – similar to jewelry, sunnies and bags just DO something for an outfit. they’re like the cherry on top of the sundae. i’m loving the bumbag trend right now (i definitely wear it crossbody), but any bag will do! also, you’ll never catch me without a pair of sunglasses…even on gloomy, cloudy days. #EXTRA
[…] think by now we’ve all got more matching sweatpants and hoodies than we’d like to admit. so now let me introduce to you the matching KNIT lounge […]