you know the “don’t wear white after labor day” rule? yeah, let’s trash that. if there’s one rule to break, it’s this one. not sure how to transition those summer whites into the cooler fall season? let me help you!
today, i’m sharing several tips for how to wear white in fall and winter & a couple style guides to give you some inspiration.
HOW TO WEAR WHITE IN THE FALL
PAIR WITH WARM TONES
incorporate warm, autumnal tones into your look through other pieces in your outfit, a hat, bag, or even your jewelry. i kept my look totally neutral, but colors like rust, olive green, camel and other shades of tan are perfect to pair with your white pieces for fall.
i warmed up my all white look with a cream belt, tan felt hat, cognac western booties & of course some gold jewelry.
BUST OUT THE BOOTS
when in doubt, throw on some boots. boots scream cooler weather if you didn’t know. LOL
of course you can wear your booties with dresses and your OTK boots with skirts and skinnies, but here’s a few trendy pairings to try this season:
pair booties with…high waisted shorts, straight leg jeans, or kick flare jeans
pair knee high or OTK boots with…midi skirts/dresses, high waisted leather shorts or babydoll dresses
KEY WHITE PIECES FOR FALL
- oversized white button down (by itself or layer it up)
- sweater vest
- slouchy sweater (something that goes with EVERYTHING)
- shacket (new fashion term: shirt + jacket = shacket)
- sneakers (a year around essential honestly)
- padded muscle tee (a major trend piece this season)
- blazer & trousers (wear them together for a total power suit moment or separately)